What it is

June 2010: In a desperate attempt to stave off senility, the monkey began writing a poem a day. By summer's end he'd begun to run out of versified political rants and philosophical bloviations. Then he hit on the improbable idea of writing micro fiction in the form of Elizabethan sonnets. Eureka. The birth of the "Sonnets From Other Lives" series. Two hundred plus lives later, he's still at it.

Friday, September 24, 2010

9/24
Sonnets From Other Lives: Frank & Tony

--Where is he.  Fuck. It must be after nine.
--Nine fifteen.  Go buy a fuckin watch.
--I pay assholes like you to tell the time
I don't like this.   I'm thinkin that he botched
the job.   The bastard set us up.
--Come on. He might fuck up but he's no rat.
--You think?  Fuck this. I've had more than enough
of this guy.  This aint' the first time that
I got a feeling somethin 'bout him stinks.
--Jimmy vouched for him--says he's OK
--Jimmy's a moron.   Who cares what he thinks.
This shit is bad.  You--make it go away.
--I think you're getting paranoid but shit
you're the boss Frank--I'll take care of it.

1 comment: