What it is

June 2010: In a desperate attempt to stave off senility, the monkey began writing a poem a day. By summer's end he'd begun to run out of versified political rants and philosophical bloviations. Then he hit on the improbable idea of writing micro fiction in the form of Elizabethan sonnets. Eureka. The birth of the "Sonnets From Other Lives" series. Two hundred plus lives later, he's still at it.

Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20
Sonnets from Other Lives:  Dale & Robin

--I don't wanna talk.  Give it a rest.
--So I'm just supposed to live with your foul mood?
--It's like you're always giving me some a test.
Do we have to "process" everything we do?
--You're an emotional retard--  the way you pout
about some secret sin that I committed.
--As if talking with you helps!  I've come to doubt
that thinking for myself 's even permitted!
--Oh cut the crap! Think I don't know your game?
Your private little lists of all my crimes.
--So your position is that I should name
all the crappy stuff that you do all the time?
--Why do we do this? Look at us! We're wrecks!
--Myself? I'm in it for the make-up sex

1 comment:

  1. Who ARE these people? Which one is the man? Which one the woman? Jeez--it could even be two men! Or two women!

    ReplyDelete