What it is

June 2010: In a desperate attempt to stave off senility, the monkey began writing a poem a day. By summer's end he'd begun to run out of versified political rants and philosophical bloviations. Then he hit on the improbable idea of writing micro fiction in the form of Elizabethan sonnets. Eureka. The birth of the "Sonnets From Other Lives" series. Two hundred plus lives later, he's still at it.

Friday, September 10, 2010

9/10
Sonnets From Other Lives: Brandi

Hey good lookin'. Whatcha havin, hon?
(It's November & I'm dressed in lingerie)
Does my frozen chicken skin get you turned on?
A double caramel mocha.  That OK?
I pull your drink while you stare at my ass
from your giant SUV.  My flirty smile
is your reward for that inept, pathetic pass.
That's three seventy five. But get this--while
you decide whether I'm only worth a quarter
or if I'm hot enough to keep the five--
I could  hock a loogie in your order
while you're ogling my butt. 'Cause buster I
need that tip. It's how the bills get paid.
So,  Take care honey. You have a nice day.

1 comment: