What it is

June 2010: In a desperate attempt to stave off senility, the monkey began writing a poem a day. By summer's end he'd begun to run out of versified political rants and philosophical bloviations. Then he hit on the improbable idea of writing micro fiction in the form of Elizabethan sonnets. Eureka. The birth of the "Sonnets From Other Lives" series. Two hundred plus lives later, he's still at it.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

184
Sonnets From Other Lives: Rod

Guy comes in this morning with this Vette--
says it's runnin rough. I think --No shit.
Black smoke from the tailpipe--you can bet
pistons're shot. So then I look at it.
Thirty thousand miles with no oil change.
I say --You killed the engine on a cherry
‘86 Vette!
Dude goes all insane
on me! Just then my daughter Jeri
calls--sounding high but I can never tell
for sure. She's tellin me that she needs money--
how she got laid off again. I think-- Like hell!
But then I'm all --How much you need honey?
Meanwhile the Vette guy's making this huge scene…
Why can't people just take care of their machines?

No comments:

Post a Comment