What it is

June 2010: In a desperate attempt to stave off senility, the monkey began writing a poem a day. By summer's end he'd begun to run out of versified political rants and philosophical bloviations. Then he hit on the improbable idea of writing micro fiction in the form of Elizabethan sonnets. Eureka. The birth of the "Sonnets From Other Lives" series. Two hundred plus lives later, he's still at it.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

7/27

methinks my humors
may be misaligned

too much black
bile while
cold & dry
of spleen
(I've seen
this correlates as
SJ on the MBTI)
o my!

do I need a bleeding?
should I reach for a leech?
maybe Rudy's harbors
a barber (no doubt
nattily tatted
& profusely pierced)
who is deft with
blade and bowl
& may make whole
my elan vital

I want
to cook with phlogiston--
move through
luminiferous ether--
embrace all things
discredited & old

& spin some baser matters
into gold

1 comment:

  1. Bill Bryson on the history of science. I have an affection for old scientific theories that have been discredited.

    ReplyDelete